Thank you so much to Rookie Mommy for the nomination!
I actually think she must be the American version of me, her posts never fail to make me laugh out loud and nod in agreement! She’s awesome, go and check her out over at http://rookiemommyraisingboys.com
Part of receiving this award means that I have some questions to answer. But there are also some rules!
- Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog.
- Thank and tag the blog who nominated you.
Thanks again, Rookie Mommy! Take a peek at her blog over at http://rookiemommyraisingboys.com
- Answer their 10 questions.
1 .If you had to be stranded on a desert island and could only have one person with you, who would it be and why?
My husband, simply because he can catch fish and is a great outdoorsman so it would be in my best interests in order to survive!
2. What was your favorite book when you were a kid? Why?
The Brambley Hedge series, I loved them simply for the map of the village in the front cover, I would spend hours tracing the map with my finger and imagining which house was mine.
3. What gives you the best material for your writing/where do you find your ideas?
I look to my life experience. On top of that my boys give me lots to write about!
4. If you could have ONE super power, what would it be?
To be able to travel back in time and revisit past experiences and people.
5. Who has inspired you the most in your life?
My mum. She was amazing.
6. What is your favorite quote?
‘Do not regret growing older, it is a privilege denied to many’
7. If you could go back in time 10 years and give yourself advice, what would it be?
That everything would work out in the end and to not just rush through life waiting for what you wanted to happen. In hindsight I feel like I wasted much of my 20’s in limbo land trying to get pregnant and missed out on enjoying those years on our own.
8. If someone gave you $20,000, what would you do with it?
My practical side would want to use it to put towards renovations on our house (we NEED that third bedroom!) but the non-practical side would want to go to Disneyland!
9. If you had to eat the same lunch every day for the rest of your life, what would you have?
Hard one! I get sick of things easily. Maybe homemade chicken pie if I could guarantee not turning into the size of a house!
10. What would your perfect day be like? What would you do?
A great family day out to some exotic fun location with no whining or crying or misbehaviour and a magical fairy babysitter to give my husband and I time out for a nice dinner afterwards to recharge. And coffee. Lots of coffee!
- Come up with 10 new ones for your nominees.
Here are the questions YOU have to answer:
- If you had to choose between sweet or savoury for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- Are you a crazy cat lady or dog person?
- What has been your all time favourite TV series (old or current)?
- If you had to choose a reality TV show to feature on what would it be and why?
- What is the most extreme thing you would do for $50,000?
- If you could go back and change one thing in your life, what would it be?
- Most embarrassing moment. You know you want to share it with us!
- Were you a goodie two shoes or a rebel in high school?
- If you could recommend ONE book to me to read, what would it be?
- Do you have a phobia and if so, what is it?
- Nominate 8 blogs with less than 200 followers, let them know you’ve nominated them, and link them in your post. No tag-back.
Here are my nominations! These blogs are awesome and all so different from one another so go and have a look see!
Yes Peas Mumma: https://yespeasmumma.wordpress.com
A Little Bit More: https://positivelypeachie.wordpress.com
It’s Marie Made: http://itsmariemade.blogspot.co.nz
Holy Schmidt: http://holyschmidt.net
City Mum Rural Life: http://citymumrurallife.com